Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Slippery Slope

Thanks David for sharing this:

The Slippery Slope
by David Walinski (Louisville, KY)
First they came after same-sex couples who wanted to get married, but because I didn’t want to get married, I said nothing.

Then they came after couples who wanted to adopt children, but because I didn’t want to raise children, I said nothing.

Then they came after gays and lesbians who wanted to be foster parents, but because I didn’t want to be bothered with kids, I said nothing.

Then they reduced benefits for people with AIDS, but because I didn’t have AIDS, I said nothing.

Then they started passing laws making it legal to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, but since I was self-employed, I said nothing.

Then they closed down the gay bars as a health hazard, but since I didn’t go to bars, I kept quiet.

Then they reinstated sodomy laws, but when I spoke up, there was no one left to speak up with me.

Sound familiar?

No comments: