Monday, January 24, 2005

Guilt Works, AW Lobby Day Gossip

The Quest website is getting a makeover worthy of a drag queen getting ready for the state pageant. A few minor touches to that new up-do and it will be tiara-ready. And just a few days after I whined to the world about Mark's resistance to change. Hmmmmm. I guess guilt does work sometime.

Speaking of changes, the Wisconsin Gay News website is now actually at its correct URL. And I'm continuing to fine tune my own Reality Check website.

Only goes to prove the old saying is true: "the one constant in life is change."

In other news, if you are a member of Action Wisconsin, it seems like they've morphed into a telephone company. I got five calls over the weekend, reminding me about the Anti-"Wisconsin Marriage Amendment" Lobby Day! SBC only called me twice!

I got one of the AW volunteer telemarketers to share the inside story with me. Apparently well over 300 have pre-registered already. For the last Lobby Day the number of actual attendees doubled the number of pre-registrants. Does that mean there will be 600 (or more) queers and allies descending on the State Capitol this Thursday? Could be!

As for the threat of snow or cold threatening the day, the Weather Channel say "partly cloudy and 20's." Does that mean "God is on our side"? Of course! Stick that in your New International Version Julaine!

No comments: